With the topic of sustainability continuing to be high on our agendas, there’s no surprise that many travellers are eager to make their upcoming getaways as eco-friendly as possible. In fact, over half (53%) of global travellers are wanting to travel more sustainably in the future.
In light of this, Booking.com is making it easier than ever for travellers to understand which properties are following sustainable practices, with its new sustainability feature – all properties that feature existing third-party certifications will now be highlighted on the listing.
Here’s just some of the amazing sustainable stays available on Booking.com in the UK:
- Dome House, Bowness-on-Windermere: Featuring a sun terrace with breath-taking views over the lake, this countryside escape is the perfect eco-friendly escape to get back to nature
- The Traddock, Austwick: For a more traditional stay, this sophisticated country house is set in the Yorkshire Dales National Park, family-run and renowned for its charm
- The Bloomsbury Hotel, London: The iconic Bloomsbury Hotel is located in the heart of the theatre district, where landmarks such as the British Museum are merely steps away
- Swinton Park, Masham: The ancestral home of the Cunliffe-Lister family is surrounded by 200 acres of parkland, lakes and gardens, a spa and country club, and even a cookery school
- Clophill Eco Lodges, Clophill: Ideal for a family-friendly staycation post-lockdown, these lodges have been commended for their beautiful location and welcoming staff