Frankie & Benny’s has been cooking up a storm in the kitchen and has created six bizarre burgers to celebrate the upcoming Birmingham 2022 Commonwealth Games (28th July – 8th August) with ingredients such as Tim Tams being included.
The weird and wonderful burger creations incorporate traditional food and flavours from Commonwealth nations including Jamaica, India, Scotland, Canada, Australia, and South Africa.
The ingredients being tested include Hundreds & Thousands, Vegemite, Tim Tams, pineapple, haggis, black pudding, grouse skin, biltong bacon, naan bread buns and even deep-fried burger buns.
Frankie & Benny’s Commonwealth Games Inspired Burgers – which one would you try?
The Jamaican Burger
- Pineapple leaf bun, jerk patty with ginger cake slices, fresh pineapple, crispy plantain chips topped with Reggae jerk burger sauce and a side of fresh coconut for extra flavour
The Indian Burger
- Naan bread buns, on a bed of crushed poppadoms, spiced lamb patty, a whole vegetable samosa with mango chutney sauce topped with a tower of crispy onion bhaji bites, drizzled with a madras jus and served with a cold Tiger beer
The Scottish Burger
- Saltire Scottish Bun, two black pudding patties, topped with minced haggis and a grouse skin garnish, all served with a tin of Haggis and an iced Iron bru on the side
The Canadian Burger
- Red Beetroot bun, Ketchup crisp coated patty, crunchy Maple Leaf garnish with a poured Canadian Maple Syrup jus, all served with a Caesar Cocktail on the side
- Hand-finished fairy bread bun, Tim Tam biscuit breaded burger patty, beetroot chunks with a good dollop of Vegemite and a can of Fosters on the side
The South African
- A deep-fried burger bun, Kebabbed burger patties with peppers, Biltong Bacon slices with a corn on the cob finished off on the braai and drizzled with garlic butter
These creations are yet to officially be named; however, Frankie & Benny’s is asking their fans across social to come up with their preferred monikers during the Games.
Although customers will be itching to get their hands on these bizarre burger creations, these beauties are currently only in the trial phase. However, fear not – sports-loving revellers won’t be left empty handed, as ticket holders and customers will be able to enjoy a free soft drink courtesy of Frankie & Benny’s, across any of the brand’s four restaurants located in Birmingham, during the entirety of the Games.
Commonwealth Games – Free Soft Drink T&C’s:
- This offer entitles Commonwealth Games ticket holders & volunteers to a free soft drink when a main dish is ordered
- Drinks included in this offer are soft drinks only and guests will need to show their volunteer accreditation or ticket for that day’s event to redeem their free drink
- This offer is redeemable for whole table of max 6 people per volunteer accreditation/ticket and
- This offer is only valid at Frankie Benny’s – The Fort, Broadway Plaza, Dudley, and Great Park
- You may not use this offer in conjunction with any other offer
- This offer is only valid for orders made whilst dining in the restaurant.
- This offer is only valid for the duration of Commonwealth Games (28th July – 8th August)
- We have the right to amend or withdraw this offer at any time
To get involved in the fun & games and check out their new burger creations, visit: https://www.instagram.com/frankienbennys/?hl=en