Deliveroo, Tinder and Wingstop announce a partnership to launch a new ‘DeliverDate’ service just in time for Valentine’s. ‘DeliverDate’ will see Tinder profiles of 30 local singletons printed on Wingstop chicken wing boxes, available nationwide through Deliveroo. By the looks of it, food really is the way to another’s heart, with an 84% increase year-on-year in Tinder bios featuring the word “takeaway”.
From 13th – 14th February, 2021, profiles of 30 Tinder members will be given a platform which is ‘beaks’ ahead, to help find a match as their profiles will be printed onto 1,000 special edition Wingstop order boxes.
When ordering from one of five Wingstop restaurants on Deliveroo, customers will be able to opt-in to the new ‘DeliverDate’ service, and soon enough, their delivery will arrive at their door featuring the quick-scan Tinder profiles of fellow chicken wing fanatics also looking for love.
The match-making doesn’t stop there. Customers will be able to follow up with anyone they fancy by scanning a QR code featured on the box stickers, and if they match together, single Brits can see where a mutual love of wings takes them.
Tinder user Aaron from Birmingham said, “By being part of ‘DeliverDate’ I hope potential matches will ‘flock’ to my Tinder profile. It’s also the perfect ingredient to cook up a storm for my future virtual dates. We can talk about our common love for hot, crispy chicken wings and build a sweet, sticky connection over the fact my face is plastered all over food delivery boxes in the UK!”
To help singletons make the most of their ‘DeliverDate’ match, Tinder has compiled the top 10 poultry pleasers for new matches to salivate together over this Valentine’s Day:
- I was craving a snack and behold! There you are!
- If you were a chicken you’d be impeck-able
- Love the look of your Tinder profile, I’ve been chicken’ you out!
- They say I’m a real comedi-hen, so good cluck trying not to laugh
- You’ve really ruffled my feathers
- Without being able to meet up, hope you’re ready to talk around the cluck!
- If you don’t like midnight drives to get chicken wings this will never work… 🍗
- Let me be a chicken nugget and take a dip in yo sauce.
- There are two types of people in this world: People who love fried chicken and liars.
- I almost chickened out of sending this
Whether you’re left or right-wing, there’s a range of potential suitors to be spotted on the special edition Wingstop packaging. Wingstop fans looking for love can order on Deliveroo from Wingstop restaurants in Battersea, Kentish Town, Gloucester Road, Croydon and Birmingham on 13th & 14th February.
If being potentially matched with your soulmate wasn’t enough, new customers on Deliveroo can get £10 off their first delivery with a minimum spend of £15 by using the code ‘WEGETFOOD’*. It’s a ‘wing wing’ situation.
How the ‘DeliverDate’ service works:
- Head to the Deliveroo app and order from the Wingstop restaurant in your area
- Before confirming your order, add the ‘DeliverDate’ special edition packaging to your order
- When you’re happy, confirm your order
- Your food in the special edition packaging will be delivered to customers by Deliveroo with its no-contact policy to ensure the safety of customers and riders
- Six profiles of local singletons will be featured on your packaging, scan the QR code of the person you’d like to connect with on Tinder
- Once scanned, you’ll automatically be directed to their full profile where you can Swipe Right® and arrange a date (should they also click right and match with you). #dateresponsibly