Dickies, the world’s leading workwear brand, announces the launch of its new global brand campaign, “Dickies Icons”, marking the first time the brand has simultaneously celebrated its five most iconic styles – the 874 Work Pant, Eisenhower Jacket, Work Shirt, Coverall and Bib Overall. Since the brand’s inception in 1922, Dickies’ iconic silhouettes have been deeply woven into our world’s cultural heritage.
From factory workers to fashion and pop-culture icons, ranchers to rappers, skaters to streetwear, the cultural significance of “Dickies Icons” has been defined by the people who wear them.
“No other collection of apparel has been worn, loved and respected quite like Dickies Icons,” said Kathy Hines, VP of Global Marketing for Dickies. “We see these five styles as a symbol of individuality and universality, the ultimate expression of personal style – worn by the originators who make and shape our world year after year.”
Dickies’ nearly 100 years of heritage in workwear and its continuously evolving cultural relevance can best be captured in the brand’s five most iconic styles:
• The 874 Work Pant, a universal essential, evolved from the original Dickies 100 percent cotton work pant. Redeveloped in the 1960s to be practically indestructible with a perfect mix of 65/35 poly cotton blend, the 874’s durability has been tried and tested by workers and skaters alike for over 50 years.
• The Eisenhower Jacket, a utilitarian understatement named after General Dwight D. Eisenhower who made the silhouette famous, evolved from uniforms worn by the U.S. Armed Forces during WW2. Its uncomplicated style and easy adoption has made the Eisenhower a uniform staple for nearly 70 years.
• The Work Shirt, effortless in style and one of Dickies’ earliest products created over 90 years ago, is the ideal complement to the 874 Work Pant and when worn together is often referred to as the Dickies suit, completing a head-to-toe Dickies uniform.
• The Coverall, adaptable through self-expression, was originally created to protect your ‘street’ clothes at work. Originally made of heavy denim, the Dickies Coverall has evolved with new fabrics and colors but remains undeniably one of the most loved and ubiquitous Dickies styles.
• The Bib Overall, a timeless staple that dates back as the first product ever sold by Dickies nearly 100 years ago in indigo and hickory stripe denim. The Bib Overall is functional, comfortable and authentically Dickies workwear.
Dickies partnered with global creative agency This Here to produce “Dickies Icons” which will launch through a multi-platform marketing campaign in North America, Europe and Asia-Pacific, through global digital, social and custom content that personifies “Dickies Icons.” Amplifying the celebration, Dickies partnered with Los Angeles retailer Fred Segal to launch a 1,500 sq. ft. immersive Dickies pop-up shop open now through August 15, 2021, designed in partnership with global brand experience agency SGK.
“Dickies Icons” is available to buy now internationally via Dickies.com.