Sneakers were the unlikely subject of this week, and we’re here for it. The internet was in a frenzy after Kamala Harris‘ nephew-in-law, Nikolas Ajagu, was photographed wearing the extremely rare Jordan 1 Retro High Dior, and Joe Biden’s granddaughter, Maisy Biden, was reported wearing the Air Jordan 1 Mid Sisterhood.
In the immediate aftermath of the event, StockX saw interest in both sneakers surge:
- Traffic to the product page surged more than 200% compared to the previous day
- Searches for “Dior Jordan” on StockX increased 280% compared to the previous day
- On Wednesday, New Bids on the Dior Jordan 1 High increased 100% compared to the previous day, and on Thursday, New Bids were on track to double again.
- This is an incredibly high ticket item, currently trading for between $7,000 and $8,000 dollars. So while interest in the sneaker surged, this did not translate into a large number of trades. However, given that the Dior Jordan 1 is now closely associated with such a historic day, we expect that demand and excitement around this product – and sneakers more generally – will only increase in the weeks and months ahead.
- Bids on the Jordan 1 Mid Sisterhood increased 200% compared to the previous day
- Trades (Sales) of the Jordan 1 Mid Sisterhood more than doubled compared to the previous day
Visit stockX.com the world’s first stock market for things – Retro Jordans, Nikes, Yeezys, and more – now 100% authentic guaranteed.