Comedian and committed vegetarian, John Bishop, and writer, actor and director, Tony Pitts, have just launched a brand new episode with Liverpool legend John Aldridge, for their Three Little Words podcast.
On the newly recorded episode, organised via Quorn Foods, Liverpool FC’s Official Sustainable Protein Partner, Aldo discusses an array of topics including:
- “The crowd brings the best out of you… Football is nothing without the fans. It’s even hard to watch the game without any fans’
- “My goal was always to play for Liverpool. The day I signed for them was the best day of my life…”
- “ If we won a game and I didn’t score, I’d be really upset with myself. It almost became sort of an illness…”
- “The passion in the club and the link between the club and the city, makes Liverpool a really unique club”
- Aldo mentions how he began to pay an interest in nutrition following the discovery of a book named ‘Eat to Win’ and compares athletes nutrition today in comparison to when he played: “The first pre-match meal I had with Liverpool was like half a roast chicken with beans… Imagine what we’d have been like if we had eaten the right stuff!”
- Aldo confirms that he would quite happily never hear the word ‘Wimbledon’ again, touching upon his famous penalty miss against them in the 1988 FA Cup Final
You can listen to the full episode here and imagery is also attached.