Reebok has teamed up with renowned sneaker retailer Nice Kicks and designer Frank Cooker to debut a collaborative Question Mid “Bubba Chuck” paying homage to Allen Iverson’s lifelong love for fishing. The sneaker, which dropped exclusively at ShopNiceKicks.com on July 3, becomes available globally on Reebok.com beginning July 10.
In honor of the collaboration, Reebok and Nice Kicks conducted a video interview with Bubba Chuck himself, in which he gives insight into his passion for fishing, his childhood casting lines into the James River near his hometown of Newport News, VA, and how he used to tell people when he was younger that “I actually want to be a professional fisherman.”
“My whole family fished, you know what I mean… I started when I was like five. I remember the details of the first day I went, that’s how much of a fisherman I am. I remember hooking my mom’s foot by mistake. I actually remember down to the color of the rag she put on her foot,” recounted Iverson in the video. “We used to fish off some rocks in my neighborhood or I would fish off the pier or something like that, but I didn’t get on a boat until I got in the league.”
The Nice Kicks x Reebok Question Mid “Bubba Chuck” is inspired by a conversation that took place between Iverson and Reebok designer Scott Hewett when the two enjoyed a fishing trip together nearly 25 years ago. The experience helped nurture a bond that would directly inform the Question OG design that debuted in 1996 shortly thereafter, which would soon become one of the most impactful signature silhouettes in sneaker history.
“I know how people say that they do it to get away, to clear their mind,” continued Iverson. “But I’m just so much of a fisherman that it was just – I just love doing it, you know what I mean? I just love it, man. I just love the sport of it.”
Notable Question Mid “Bubba Chuck” design features include:
- Subtle earth tones of aqua blue, grey and beige, contrasting vibrant pops of yellow, purple and red throughout.
- Suede mudguard wave and toecap stitched over a jet black Kevlar upper.
- Glow-in-the dark hits include a star-speckled midsole, Reebok Vector at the tongue and underfoot, and visible Hexalite at the midsole and outsole.
- Iverson “3” logo and Nice Kicks logo can be seen at the rear of the left and right outsoles respectively, with the classic Reebok Question logo at the heel of each upper.
- Friends-and-family seeding pairs will ship with a special edition tackle box including simulated bait, a mock fishing license, bucket hat and die-cut stickers.
The Nice Kicks x Reebok Question Mid “Bubba Chuck” ($130) is available globally on Reebok.com beginning July 10 at 12:00am EST. Product imagery and visual content from the collaboration can be found here.