Beats by Dr. Dre (Beats) and AMBUSH today announce a special-edition Powerbeats–designed to take you from day to night with its glow-in-the-dark capabilities, high-performance sound, sweat- and water-resistance and co-branded, ripstop pouch. The release marks the first official collaboration by Beats and AMBUSH, as well as the first glow-in-the-dark product ever by Beats.
Yoon Ahn, the co-founder and creative director for Tokyo-based label AMBUSH, is known for her non-traditional, unisex designs that elevate every-day objects and merge together unexpected elements of streetwear, jewelry, luxury fashion and the local subcultures of her city. With this partnership, Yoon was inspired by the creative spark that can come from your nocturnal side — especially when living in a city like Tokyo, which comes to life at night with a particular energy.
To accompany the collaboration, Beats and Yoon tapped Burna Boy, a Nigerian artist celebrated for his genre-blending Afro-fusion music, to star in the campaign. While the spot’s visuals play on the transcendence of night, Burna Boy discusses how music is unifying on a global scale, his positivity about the future and his hope for the future generation of Africans to know themselves and be proud of who they are. The spot also features Burna Boy’s song “Way Too Big” from his recently released album Twice as Tall.
ABOUT POWERBEATS – AMBUSH Special Edition
- Wireless, high-performance earphones with glow-in-the-dark capabilities. A contrasting red “b” badge and AMBUSH logo are featured on each earbud.
- Co-branded ripstop pouch for security and easy portability
- Powerful, balanced audio, delivering pure sound reproduction, enhanced clarity and dynamic range
- Equipped with a rounded cable that is routed from the rear of the earhooks for a natural, ergonomic contour around the neck
- 15-hour battery life on full charge
- IPX4 rating sweat and water resistant
- Powered by the Apple H1 chip, enabling for faster setup, pairing, and switching time between iCloud devices
- Hands-free with “Hey Siri” on iOS devices to effortlessly change volume, switch tracks, and make callsClass 1 Bluetooth provides extended range and fewer dropouts
- Includes Fast Fuel technology, a 5-minute charge gives up to 1 hour of playback when battery is low.
- Two-way volume rocker and playback controls directly on the earbuds to power on/off, play/pause, activate Bluetooth, change tracks, activate voice assistant and take calls
- Dual beamforming microphones and a speech-detecting accelerometer to target voices and filter out external noise
- Ear tips with four size options and lightning to USB-A charging cable are included
- Available November 18th at Selfridges, End Clothing, Apple.com and ambushdesign.com in France, Italy and UK