The time has come for Air Max Day – Nike’s annual celebration of one of the biggest dates in the streetwear and sneaker calendar. Sneakerheads around the world will gather to commemorate the iconic shoe’s 33-year-old history and brands have drops lined up including Undefeated x Nike Air Max 90 and Air Max 90 “Reverse Duck Camo” to ensure it’s the biggest year yet.
Nike released its first-ever Air Max 1 On March 26th, 1987, a model that would forever be regarded as a footwear masterpiece. Over three decades later it’s undeniable that the Nike Air Max 90 has officially stolen the limelight. The proof is in the rankings with the style consistently featuring in most popular lists on StockX.
In honour of Nike’s most iconic model StockX, the world’s first “Stock Market of Things”, has put together a list of the most popular and most expensive silhouettes to be sold on the platform to date.
It’s not often that you come across sneakers as acclaimed as the Nike Air Max 90 [worn and admired by all since the 90s]. It will come as no surprise that StockX’s most popular list is filled with some legendary models – coinciding nicely with its 30th anniversary:
At the top of the most expensive charts sits Nike Air Max 90 Dizzee Rascal Tongue N Cheek (£2,681 for the last sale), a personal favourite of StockX Director of Europe, Derek Morrison, who described the design as flawless, and the pairing between Nike and Dizzee as “undeniably authentic”.
“Beyond the scarcity, the high price this sneaker commands on the resale market is a testament to its depth of resonance and cultural value more than 10 years later”, Morrison said.
- Nike-Air-Max-90-Dizzee-Rascal-Tongue-N-Cheek – £2,681
- Nike-Air-Max-90-Warhawk-2007 – £2,318
- Nike-Air-Max-90-Kaws-Black-Volt – £2,031
- Nike-Air-Max-90-Off-White – £1,027
- Nike-Air-Max-90-Atmos-Duck-Hunter-Camo – £521
- Nike-Air-Max-90-Kaws-White-Volt – £1,192
- Nike-Air-Max-90-Unknwn-Miami-305 – £349
- Nike-Air-Max-90-Off-White-Desert-Ore – £460
- Nike-Air-Max-90-Powerwall-Sunblush – £996
- Nike-Air-Max-90-King-of-the-Mountain – £146
*All prices refer to the last sale of each item on StockX as of 10/03/2020 and are subject to change depending on size.
MARCH DROPS TO COP
- Nike Air Max 95 Pollen Rise – March 21st
- Nike Air Max 2090 Lava Glow – March 26th
- Nike Air Max 90 Metallic Rose Gold 2020 (W) – March 26th