Ford is back in the game with the bigger and better Ranger Raptor, the next step up in Ford’s evolution of the Ranger series.
The notable differences between the Standard Ranger and the new Ranger Raptor one are the increase in size. An overall body length of 5398 mm (+44 mm change from Standard), a 30 percent increase in height of 1873 mm, 283 mm ground clearance (+51 mm change from Standard) and a 32oapproach and 24odeparture angles (both +3ochange from Standard), the Ranger Raptor is a Ford Performance beast incarnate.
The Raptor is only scheduled to be released in the UK and is designed in Australia. With the Raptor, one can expect a truck that can handle rocky, intense off-road terrains and larger dunes.
Featuring in two colors – Performance Blue and Conquer Grey – our vote has to be the Blue. It is vibrant, heavy metal and reflective and youthful yet stylish. Imagining this blue against a sandy shoreline, rocky mountains or beige dunes will leave plenty of opportunity for contrasting photo ops and adventures.
Ford is calling its newest Ranger venture the toughest, highest performing version of Europe’s best-selling pick-up. Allowing drivers the ability to Unleash The Raptor.
Ford Performance’s ability to improve the truck does not disappoint. The Raptor’s performance has undergone improvements from the Standard featuring various upgrades such as:
- 30 percent more suspension travel adding Race-bred FOX Racing long-travel shocks with Position Sensitive Damping.
- Watts Link Coil Spring Rear Suspension offering a huge breadth of ability on and off-road.
- Larger Disc Brakes for all-around better-stopping ability.
- SAT-NAV tech with “breadcrumb” feature to leave a train when exploring uncharted territories.
- A stunning, bold new grille inspired by the F-150 Raptor that is sure to make a statement.
- 3 mm high strength bash plates to deflect off-road debris.
- SYNC 3 for high-quality communications and entertainment system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
- And Easy Lift Tailgate, 10 Speed, 213 PS, Electronic Stability Control, Selectable 4 Wheel Drive, Active Noise Control Technology, and more new Ford Performance improvements.
The Ranger Raptor is a vehicle of the future for those not easily intimidated, yearning to explore off-road and who are daring to embrace the moment of unleashing the trucks unbridled potential. It is sleek, stylish yet powerful and the future of the Ranger series, setting a new bar of excellence, heightening the standard for all the other brands out there competing for the No. 1 spot.
You can learn more about the Ranger Raptor at https://www.ford.co.uk/future-vehicles/ranger-raptor.