This International Women’s Day, cocktail lovers across London are invited to celebrate #BalanceForBetter with a series of spirited cocktails across some of the capital’s most renowned bars. Elevating the 2019 theme of International Women’s Day, which calls for a more gender-balanced world, drinks experts have partnered up with some of the UK’s best female bartenders to serve up six perfectly balanced cocktails to suit all tastes and palates – from short, savoury cocktails to long and fizzy, between Monday 4 – Monday 11 March.
The Women’s Day cocktails are a selection of six limited edition #balanceforbetter cocktails celebrating International Women’s day and inspired by the likes of Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez and Emmeline Pankhurst.
The serves are created by six of the UK’s leading female drinks experts and bartenders and available across some of the capital’s most renowned bars for one week only from March 4th:
- Cressida Lawlor of London Cocktail Club Goodge Street serves the Alexandria cocktail. Inspired by activist and congresswoman Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, the team has blended pimento, lilt and fresh lime before lengthening with prosecco to create an effervescent drink with fresh and spicy notes that perfectly complement Patrón Tequila.
- Anna Sebastian of Artesian serves Call Me If You Need To Talk cocktail featuring Grey Goose La Poire, cognac, Peychaud’s Bitters and absinthe.
- Hannah Naughton of Blacklock serves Rosie Rivington, which combines Dewar’s 12-year-old whisky with creme de framboise, MARTINI Riserva Speciale Bitter and bay leaf syrup.
- Margaux Picard of Happiness Forgets serve The Emilie Jolie, a short and strong yet delicate cocktail inspired by two of Margaux’s idols – her older sister, Emilie, and suffragette icon Emmeline Pankhurst. Made with Woodford Reserve Distiller’s Select Whiskey, mezcal, cherry heering, absinthe, rose water and orange zest discard.
- Zoë Van Der Grinten at FAM bar serves Sesame Street featuring Grey Goose Vodka, Grey Goose Vanille, tamari sesame syrup, cold brew coffee, Amaro Montenegro and sesame oil.
- Nicole Sykes of Satan’s Whiskers in Bethnal Green serves Honey, Honey, which mixes orange blossom, honey and lemon with MARTINI Riserva Speciale Ambrato and BACARDÍ Añejo Cuatro rum, topped up with soda and lemon.
All ticket sale proceeds will go to charity partner, Dress for Success Greater London, a registered charity that empowers women into the workplace from positions of disadvantage.
Tickets for the full-day event are £48 and can be bought via this link.
Each cocktail will be available at the respective bars from Monday 4 to Monday 11 March 2019.