All of this nice weather is making us thirsty for some sunshine cocktails. We have some top floral recipes for you to try to keep those summer vibes going, even when it starts to rain. Again.
GREY GOOSE BUTTERFLY MARTINI
Fresh with flavour, this cocktail is delicious and complex with the flavours of citrus fruits, fresh basil and mint.
- 35ml Grey Goose Le Citron
- 50ml White Grape Juice
- 1tsp Elderflower Cordial
- 1tsp Fresh Lemon Juice
- + Edible Flower
- + Lemon Rind
- + Basil Leaves
- + Mint Leaves
- Fill a cocktail shaker with shredded basil and mint leaves and combine with all other ingredients.
- Shake hard with plenty of ice.
- Strain through a fine sieve and top with a squeeze of lemon rind to release essential oils.
- Discard rind.
- Serve in a cocktail glass and garnish with an edible flower
BOMBAY SAPPHIRE G&T TWIST
A change in season calls for a new taste palette. Why not switch up your usual G&T with some punchy grapefruit and a sprig of fresh rosemary, picked straight from your garden?
- 50 ml Bombay Sapphire
- 100 ml Premium Tonic Water
- 1 pink grapefruit wedge
- 1 rosemary sprig
- Squeeze a pink grapefruit wedge into a balloon glass then drop in
- Add the rosemary sprig & Bombay Sapphire
- Swirl well to infuse.
- Fill the glass with cubed ice & top with premium tonic water.
- Gently stir to combine.
Alt: Raspberry & Mint
(Same as above but swap the garnishes out)
BACARDI RUM REDWOOD SWIZZLE
Known as Bermuda’s national drink, this Redwood Swizzle is vibrant and fresh with lemongrass and lime.
- 25ml St Germain
- 25ml BACARDÍ Carta Blanca
- 15ml lemongrass syrup
- 20ml lime juice
- Add all ingredients to a highball glass over crushed ice and swizzle. Garnish with a mint sprig.
BACARDI RUM SHISO SPRITZ
Try something a little different for size that fuses cloudy apple juice, chilled cucumber and dried shiso leaves usually reserved for tea.
- 25ml BACARDÍ Carta Blanca
- 3 Shiso leaves
- 50ml Cloudy apple juice
- 3 Cucumber slices
- Serve in a wine glass with cubed ice and garnish with cucumber ribbon & mint sprig.
THE ST-GERMAIN SPRITZ
Simple, elegant and quintessentially French. No finer way to unwind than with the signature bubbly aperitif.
- 40ml St-Germain
- 60ml sparkling wine (Champagne or Prosecco)
- 60ml sparkling water
- Mix the ingredients below over ice in a Collins glass and garnish with a lemon spritz.
- Additional build – feel free to add some edible flowers or some fresh mint from the garden
TOP TIPS COURTESY OF BACARDI’S GLOBAL HEAD OF EDUCATION & MIXOLOGY, JOE MCCANTA
Mint will grow in just about any sunny space and doesn’t need a whole lot of fuss. Using home-grown herbs can really make sipping at home feel a little more special!
Basil and mint can be interchangeable so feel free to mix up your garnishes if you are limited with ingredients.
A great drink requires crushed ice. If you don’t have a lot of space for your ice cube trays, I recommend taking a plastic takeaway box, filling it with water and freezing it so that so you have a huge block that you can break up later. Ideal for when you’re making a drink or two for your lockdown housemates.
Garnishes and fruit hacks
For extra sophistication, garnishes and edible flowers can be frozen into ice cubes for added sophistication.
Fresh and frozen fruit can also help add that extra touch so get experimental with any citrus fruit or berries you have lying around.