Now the summer has made a firm appearance, albeit a somewhat sporadic one, it’s time to pull out the barbecue, get the patio or balcony in order and enjoy some outdoor dining. But don’t just settle for bog standard sausages and burgers (although there’s always space for those too), take your barbecue game to the next level with these fantastic recipes from Traeger, known for their luxury wood fired grills. They have brought out a range of seasoning rubs to add some summer sizzle to your meat, fish and veg, making bland food a thing of the past. No outdoor space or barbecue? No problem. You can still bring the taste of the outdoors inside using your grill or a griddle pan. There’s no FOMO here!
Aside from the beautifully deep, rich woody flavours of the seasoning rubs, and the smoky spicy aroma making your mouth water just by taking a sniff of the stuff, the retro style storage tins they come in make them a kitchen counter top display must have. Not just aesthetically pleasing, they keep the seasonings fresh and easy to use and there’s no messy sachets and packets to contend with. Even the names of the rubs bring on a smile and make you want to get rubbing – Fin and Feather Rub being a firm favourite for me.
Traegers’s rub recipes are simple whilst having the wow factor and range from quick and easy, to needing a little more time and prep. They cover mains and accompaniments, and are suitable for both meat and plant based diets. Check out the recipes below which are suitable for Traegar grills, or any other good barbecue / grill, and get cooking!
The rubs are available to buy from a selection of garden retailers such as Riverside Garden Centre, Dobbies or independent retailers.
For more recipes and information about Traeger Grills, check out their socials @traegergrills.uk
Simple Glazed Salmon Fillets
- 8 salmon fillets, skin-on
- Traeger Fin & Feather Rub
- 250 mayonnaise
- 12 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 6 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped tarragon or dill
- Lemon wedges
- Season the fillets with the Traeger Fin & Feather Rub.
- Make the Glaze: Combine the mayonnaise and mustard in a small bowl. Stir in the lemon juice and dill or tarragon.
- Spread the flesh-side of the fillets with the glaze.
- When ready to cook, if using a Traeger grill set temperature to 350°F and preheat, lid closed for 15 minutes.
- Standard grill: 175 ˚C
- Arrange the salmon fillets on the grill, skin-side down and cook for 25 to 30 minutes, or until the salmon is opaque and flakes easily with a fork.
- Ensure food is fully cooked through and transfer to a platter or plates, garnish with sliced lemons and chopped dill and serve immediately.
Roasted Broccoli with Parmesan
This is great as a snack or as a side dish.
- 550g broccoli cut into bite sized chunks
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 30g grated Parmesan cheese
1. Place broccoli in a large resealable bag
- Combine lemon juice, oil, garlic, salt and pepper then drizzle over broccoli to coat. Let stand for 30 minutes
- When ready to cook, if using a Traeger grill, set temperature to 190°C and preheat, lid closed for 15 minutes or preheat standard grill.
- Place the broccoli on a non-stick baking tray to prevent it from sticking or falling through the grate. Grill for 8 to 10 minutes or until crisp but tender. Remove and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Enjoy!