Whether youâ€™re revising for your GCSEs, A-levels or university finals revision is stressful and time consuming.
We teamed up with the guys at Vodafone to test the bestÂ revision apps – from planning and note-keeping to mind-mapping and testing -on the Tab prime 7 (www.vodafone.co.uk) to help you to avoidÂ making revision a last-minute stress!
1. Â Evernote |Â Android, iOS, Free
Evernote gives you the tools you need to keep your work effortlessly organised.Â You can write and collate ideas and save them as searchable notes, notebooks or checklists, as well as use your smartphone camera to capture and save useful information.Â Work while youâ€™re on the move â€“ store lecture notes, annotate articles, and highlight work from the web.Â Whatâ€™s more, you can sync your work so it automatically saves across any computer, tablet or phone â€“ perfect if you want to study from home, the library or with classmates.
- Great organisational tool
- Sync your work to any laptop, tablet or smartphone
- Store notes, annotate work and clip and highlight articles from the web
2. Â Â iStudiez Pro |Â Android, Â£2.59, iOS, Â£2.99
iStudiez Pro is the perfect app for students who need help planning a revision schedule.Â With a unique built-in planner, you can easily manage all types of study schedules â€“ perfect if you want to mix-up your routine week on week.Â You can add in comments to your schedule such as, study hours, holiday periods and extracurricular activities and thereâ€™s a special section to keep track of your homework and assignments.
- Organise your schedule to include everything from study periods and extra curricular activites to holidays
- A special section dedicated to keeping track of your homework
- Keep track of when assignments are due and when tests are coming up
3. Â Â Quizlet |Â Android, iOS, Free
With Quizlet itâ€™s easy to study everything from language and history, to science and vocabulary using flashcards.Â Create your own flashcards or choose from millions created by other Quizlet users on thousands of different subjects.Â You can access the app if youâ€™re offline so you can continue to study even without an internet connection.Â Plus, Quizlet tests you on things that youâ€™ve learnt, putting your memory to the test!
- Memorise tough vocabulary with flashcards
- Quiz your memory with specialised tests
- Listen to pronunciations of words if youâ€™re learning a foreign language
- Offline access â€“ learn anywhere, anytime
4. Â Â Simplemind I Android, iOS, Free
Simplemind helps you organise your thoughts and revision notes in an easy-to-read mind-map.Â You can apply your knowledge into one simple mind-map to highlight the key areas and focus points for individual subjects.Â Available in a number of different layouts, Simplemind helps you learn in a way that suits you best. Plus, you can highlight branches of your mind-map to help you retain the most important information.
- Create simple or complex mind-maps to help you retain key information
- Customise layouts to help you retain information
- Collapse and expand branches if you want to test yourself or if you need to add more information