Naturally Fast Food chain LEON is today expanding its Feed Britain menu, offering seven additional delicious boxes, including The Ginger Pig Meat Selection box and a BBQ box. The online delivery service provides customers a food market experience, with fresh seasonal produce and restaurant-quality ready meals, whilst also giving a helping hand to the catering industry.
Feed Britain provides a route to market for suppliers whose revenues have been severely impacted by Covid-19. The produce available through Feed Britain was previously destined for restaurants, hotels and first-class airport lounges. From £2.70 per meal customers are able to enjoy access to seasonal produce and artisan quality meals in their own homes, delivered directly from New Covent Garden Market.
In addition, Feed Britain continues to support the NHS and other key workers in the frontline of the Covid-19 outbreak by donating 100 per cent of all profits to FeedNHS; the initiative launched by Matt Lucas, Damian Lewis, Helen McCrory and LEON to feed one hot, healthy meal a day to NHS critical care workers.
Following the initial success, customers are now able to choose between an offering of 14 different boxes, including a seasonal veg box from partners Premier Fruits, chef quality prepared meals from Mustard Foods, and a highly-anticipated The Ginger Pig meat selection box.
- *NEW* The Ginger Pig Meat Selection Box £551: Originally launched at the iconic Borough Market, The Ginger Pig has soon become one of London’s favourite butchers. This box includes everything you need for easy weeknight meals and lazy breakfasts. Dry-aged steaks, hand-pressed burgers, dry-cured bacon, handmade by an in-house team, and proper pork chops – not to mention Ginger Pig’s iconic sausages, made each week by their heroic Master Sausage Maker Josie Gulyas and his team. Enjoy high quality meat whilst supporting small, high welfare farmers around the country
- *NEW* BBQ Box £45: Bank Holiday is around the corner so fire up the coals and get ready to enjoy a new BBQ box from award-winning Essex butchers, Hepburns. This box comes packed with the classics: 12 proper Cumberland sausages and 6-hand formed beef burgers, as well as ingredients to make the barbie even more fiery. Enjoy 8 skinless and boneless chicken tights in a hot jerk marinade with allspice, chillies, paprika and nutmeg, as well as four Indian-spiced chicken kebabs, fragrant with cumin, coriander and fennel. Finally, the pièce de résistance, a full babyback rack of beef ribs in a smoky BBQ sauce
- *NEW* Seasonal Veg Box £22: Celebrate the natural rhythms of the season with this veg box showing off the best of the British countryside as we tumble into summer: English asparagus, tender stem broccoli, sweet fresh peas for you to pod, an aromatic bulb of fennel, proper Jersey Royal potatoes, hispi cabbage and vibrant spring greens. All from New Covent Garden Market based supplier Premier Fruits
- *NEW* Comfort Cooking – The Restaurant Collection £442: Let’s get cosy with this box full of comfort food classics. A Cottage Pie made with British beef and creamy mash potatoes, a four-cheese Bacon and Leek Mac & Cheese and a slow-cooked Spaghetti Bolognese. All for less than £3.70 per meal. LEON has worked with Surrey-based catering company Fairoaks to bring customers these heart-warming dishes
- *NEW* Best of LEON flavours £133: LEON continues to deliver food that tastes good, does good and is kind to the planet. This box is packed with the bold flavours from its restaurant menu for people to enjoy naturally fast food at home. LEON is bringing hero ingredients from five of its best-selling dishes: LOVe Burger sauce, Korean Mayo, Ruby Red Preserve, Garlic Aioli and LEON Ketchup. And the best part? They all #JustHappenToBeVegan
- *NEW* The English Breakfast Tea Collection £13.504: Feed Britain wouldn’t be truly British if LEON didn’t bring customers a decent brew, and this box does just that. Three boxes of bright, bold English Breakfast, as well as Peppermint, Camomile and Sencha Green Tea. This selection of teas come from Bellevue Tea and are plastic-free and home compostable
- *NEW* The Earl Grey Tea Collection £13.505: In addition to the English Breakfast Tea Collection, Feed Britain brings tea-lovers an Earl Grey selection, which come alongside Peppermint, Camomile and Sencha Green Tea boxes.
- The Cheese Selection Box £10.50: This box contains three different cheeses: a wedge of Irish Cashel blue cheese, a semi-soft blue cheese made with whole cow’s milk; a round of Camembert, and a block of extra mature cheddar cheese, which we recommend with the pot of onion marmalade and chilli jam we’ve added to the box. The box also includes sourdough biscuits from Peter’s Yard
- Summer Salad & Berries £23: This box includes a Summer rainbow of greens and berries packed with vine tomatoes, Hass avocados, raspberries, strawberries, ripe red peppers, a mixed leaf salad with pea shoots, spinach and red chard, as well as spring onions and cucumber
- Little Market Veg & Fruit Box £21: This box is packed with red delicious apples, clementine’s, lemons and grapes as well as cucumber, carrots, tomatoes, onions & potatoes. This box comes from Premier Fruits, a supplier based in the heart of New Covent Garden Market
- Market Fruit & Vegetables £28: Eat the rainbow at home with a selection of fresh fruits and seasonal vegetables. This box is packed with 15 quality fruits and veggies that you can use to create delicious soups, wholesome stews or eat straight from the fruit bowl
- Vegan Family Box £32: Stay home, eat well. This box contains three plant-based, chef-quality ready meals from LEON’s restaurant menu: Brazilian Black Beans, the LEON Gobi Curry and the new Jackfruit, Coconut & Lime Curry, and 1kg brown rice. Each meal serves 4
- Family Meal Box £36: This box includes three slow-cooked, chef-quality ready meals from the LEON restaurant menu: Brazilian Black Beans, Green Thai Chicken Curry and LEON’s Chilli Con Carne and 1kg brown rice. Each meal serves 4
- Daily Essentials Box £22.50: This box contains a selection of dairy products, including two 2l bottles of semi-skimmed milk, salted butter, mature cheddar cheese and six fruit yoghurts. It also includes freshly baked sliced loaves of wholemeal and white bread, six free-range eggs, and a bottle of freshly squeezed orange juice (with all the juicy bits)
Shereen Ritchie, MD at Feed Britain said: “We launched Feed Britain to get food to people who need it most, and we’re pleased to be expanding the number of boxes to offer more choice from artisan farmers and producers. Especially our new Ginger Pig box, from our very favourite London butchers. Expect to see more partnerships and greater choice coming from us very soon.”
“All of the profits from Feed Britain makes during the Covid-19 crisis will be donated to FeedNHS, our initiative to get healthy meals to NHS critical care workers. And in the longer term, we hope we can build Feed Britain into a successful business that continues to deliver everyone great, seasonal produce and restaurant quality meals.”
Amelia Woolley, Brand & Communications at The Ginger Pig said: “We have been big fans of Leon for a long time (it’s our Borough office team’s go-to for coffee, breakfast and lunch!). As a small business, we have been doing our very best to deliver high welfare produce to as many people as we can during this very unexpected and turbulent time. With Leon’s help, we are able to reach many more and keep supporting our network of farmers, whilst raising money for an exceptional cause. We are thrilled to be involved.”
Feed Britain is available via www.feedbritain.com with the brand expecting to offer 3-4 new boxes every week, looking into more restaurant-quality ready meals and plant-based solutions.
What’s more? In addition to London, Feed Britain now delivers to customers in Brighton and Oxford helping those access restaurant-quality meals and fresh produce directly from suppliers as more people join the at-home cooking movement (55%)*.
In response to the Covid-19 LEON has most recently repurposed its Tottenham Court Road restaurant along with 11 others into shops, stocking essential groceries and ready meals, with its restaurant menu and a range of boxes and meal-kits still available for click & collect, delivery and takeaway on Deliveroo and Uber Eats. A further 4 restaurants have been repurposed into dedicated kitchens serving NHS workers.