Continue their learning at home…
Starting nursery or pre-school is an exciting time for children – they’re learning new skills, words, abilities and meeting new people. With the all-new Fire 7 Kids Edition – the next generation of Amazon’s most affordable kids tablet at just £99.99 – you can continue their learning at home thanks to the thousands of age-appropriate books, audio books, movies, TV shows, educational apps and games available through Amazon Fire for Kids Unlimited. (Free for the first 12 months, then from £1.99 per month for Prime members and £3.99 per month for customers who are not yet Prime members thereafter).
Featuring easy-to-use parental controls that encourage learning before play, with the all-new Fire 7 Kids Edition parents can manage and customise their child’s Fire for Kids experience. This includes everything from setting bedtime curfews to tighter controls on screen time and content – as well as blocking access to videos and games until educational targets such as reading goals are met.
Parental controls can be implemented directly on a child’s tablet or via the Parent Dashboard – meaning parents can keep up to date and engage with their children on what they’re reading or watching.
The all-new Fire 7 Kids Edition also features a new and improved kid-proof case in pink, blue or a new purple colour – complete with an adjustable stand for easy hands-free viewing – as well as 16GB of storage, a faster processor and 2 year worry free guarantee. If something happens, send it back and Amazon will replace it – no questions asked.
Tools Parents Can Trust
Over 10 million kids (and their parents) globally have enjoyed our Amazon Fire for Kids service, which provides the perfect balance between giving kids the content they love, while providing parents peace of mind knowing that what their kids are viewing on their device is age-appropriate. Fire for Kids offers parental controls that encourage learning before play, and gives parents the ability to manage their child’s Fire for Kids settings, including:
- Age filters – parents can adjust settings to tailor the Fire for Kids experience for each child and ensure the content their kids are viewing is age-appropriate.
- Learn First – parents can set daily goals for educational content, and block access to entertainment content until after educational goals are met each day.
- Screen time by category – parents can restrict certain categories, such as apps and videos, while leaving unlimited time for reading.
- Total screen time – parents can choose a set amount of total screen time per day, after which Fire for Kids will shut down.
- Bedtime – parents can control when Fire for Kids shuts down for the day and turns back on the next morning.
- Weekday and weekend settings – parents can set time limits by weekdays and weekends.
- Add or remove content – parents can add titles from their own content library into Fire for Kids, or choose to remove unwanted Fire for Kids Unlimited content.
- Enable the web browser – parents can choose to enable or disable the kid-friendly web browser within Fire for Kids.
Additionally, parents can access Parent Dashboard (parents.amazon.co.uk) to view weekly activity reports of the digital content their kids are using in Fire for Kids and determine how to manage time limits and educational goals. Remote parental controls in Parent Dashboard make it easy for parents to pause their child’s devices for a set amount of time, as well as adjust their child’s Fire for Kids settings remotely via any web browser on a mobile device or computer. Parents can also access Discussion Cards in Parent Dashboard to view summaries and sample questions to help them initiate conversations with their kids about the content they’re viewing in Fire for Kids.
More information on amazon.co.uk