This week’s F1 Tracks takeover has landed with a F1 Esports Takeover, ahead of this season’s “Pro Draft Reveal Show” which airs tonight at 19:30 BST live on F1’s official social channels (Facebook, YouTube and Twitch). Now in its fourth year of competition, Formula 1’s elite virtual racing series will be held remotely for the first time ever, along with offering competitors its biggest ever prize fund at $750,000. To coincide with the 2020 F1 Esports Pro Draft Reveal Show presented by Aramco, this year’s drivers take over the F1 Tracks airwaves to select their very own playlist!
On the show, the teams will announce their line-ups for the 2020 season for the first time, with each team required to add at least one qualifying draft member to their three-driver roster from a group of 45 qualifiers.
Each driver suggested their favourite tracks for the takeover, ensuring the playlist is as thrilling and unpredictable as the Esports action. Some of the tunes in the playlist include, Queen’s “Bohemian Rhapsody”, The Killers’ “Mr. Brightside”, Rizzle Kicks’ “Down With The Trumpets”, Mabel’s “Don’t Call Me Up” and “Dancing in the Moonlight” from Toploader.
The Esports drivers also named their favourite gaming soundtracks of all time:
- Red Bull draftee: All of the FIFA 13 songs, I still remember them all
- Frederik Rasmussen: World of Warcraft soundtrack
- Cedric Thome: F1 2012 OST soundtrack
- McLaren draftee: The F1 intro song. It motivates me and I really enjoy it
- Brendon Leigh: F1 2010 game soundtrack
- Williams draftee: Toca Race Driver 2, because of the nostalgia it creates, as it was the first racing game I ever played almost a decade ago now
- Alvaro Carreton: Grand Theft Auto San Andreas
F1 Tracks unites both music and sport, providing a dynamic platform for fans which brings the two together.
The full F1 Tracks: F1 Esports Takeover playlist can be found on Spotify, Deezer and Apple Music:
Apple Music: https://apple.co/3jkgArh