We spoke to Sam Carter, Senior Ambassador at Bombay Sapphire Distillery, to get these top G&T facts.
- Around 73% of how gin is drunk around the world is as a G&T.
- For the best G&T, serve it in a large balloon glass to improve the aroma and therefore the flavour of the drink as 90-95% of what we taste comes from what we smell & not from what we taste.
- Make sure you fully fill a glass full of cubed ice to receive the least amount of dilution from the ice & keep the drink colder for longer.
- Use as smallest can/bottle of tonic possible for the amount of drinks you’re making. This way, the tonic shall stay freshest & most effervescent. Also, ensure the tonic is well chilled.
- At Bombay Sapphire, we recommend a ratio or 2:1 when making a Gin & Tonic. That’s one part Bombay Sapphire & two parts Fever-Tree Tonic Water… 50ml Bombay Sapphire & 100ml Tonic. The garnish is up to you but a slice of fresh ginger & a large mint sprig tends to work extremely well rather than the usual lemon or lime.
- Gin can be kept in the fridge to keep it chilled. Better still, keep it in the freezer for the least amount of dilution when making a G&T.