Christmas! Everybody loves it right? Well due to social media analysis by Virgin Trains it turns out that over 500,000 Christmas related tweets revealed that 1 in 5 of us (19%) confess to hating the festive season (Gasp Here!).
The research from Virgin Trains finds:
- Early Christmas songs (88%) and wrapping presents (67%) are the top two things we dislike most about the festive season
- As suspected Love Actually unites (almost) all of us, with 94% of Brits feeling positively towards the feel-good film
- Putting up Christmas decorations and spending time with family are the most divisive issues
- York is the most festive city in the UK whilst Aberdeen are the least likely to spread Christmas joy
- Festive food draws a smile, with 86% of us feeling positively towards pigs in blankets and 83% enjoying mulled wine
As an antidote to the bah-humbug brigade and to help to bring a smile to even the grumpiest Grinch around, Virgin Trains is calling out the scrooges to help spread some Christmas cheer. With the help of presenter, Matt Edmondson, they have handpicked some of the crankiest Christmas-related tweets from the British public. Watch the full video below!
*Research through Social Listening with Blurrt on behalf of Virgin Trains based on tweets from November to December 2016, from 500,000 Twitter posts.
For more information about Virgin Trains visit www.virgintrains.co.uk